The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your understanding of how to develop a process for using research and empirical measurement to evaluate your work with your clients. The paper can either describe an evaluation of your practice with: (a) a client in your field placement; “ client in substance abuse treatment” or (b) a fictionalized client (if the work you are doing in your field placement is not a good match for this assignment). Choose either (a) or (b) for your paper.
1. Client Description (≈1⁄2 page): A brief description of the client, including sociodemographic information, the client’s situation, very brief clinical summary, and client’s strengths/resources.
2. Problem Formulation/Theoretical Orientation/Literature Review (≈1 page): Discuss your formulation of the client’s problem(s). What does your diagnostic impression tell you about how to conceptualize the problem and how to intervene? Provide a brief literature review relevant to your client’s problem that contains at least 2 empirical articles on the problem and 2 empirical articles on the intervention.
3. Problem Definition and Focus of Treatment (≈1 page): Clearly state the mutually agreed upon goals and objectives of your work with the client. Objectives should be specified in measurable terms and should be consistent with your problem formulation and chosen intervention. The objectives should meet the following 4 conditions:
a. Direction: Do you want the measure to go up or down?
b. Level: At what level do you consider the objective to successful? Why?
c. Duration: How long does the level in step b need to be maintained to be considered successful? Why?
d. Time to completion: How long do you expect achieving the objective to take (e.g., one-two weeks, a month)? Why?
4. Change Indicators (≈1 page): Present the measurable indicators of the change that you are working towards (your instrument/measure(s)). This can be an instrument you are using in your field placement, or another instrument relevant to your client’s needs. This instrument should be administered at least twice to be used in this assignment. The description of your measurement plan should include:
a. Description of the measure(s) (e.g., standardized instrument, observational measures, self- anchored) you are using (attach copies of the measures you are using).
b. Discuss any reliability and validity information that is available for your measure(s)
c. Provide a brief rationale for your choice of measure(s), including strengths and limitations.
5. Evaluation Design (≈ 1⁄2 page): Briefly describe the single subject/system design you will be using (e.g., A-B design, withdrawal design, multiple baseline design) and your plan for measuring change (e.g., when and how often you will assess your client’s progress). Provide a graph of the way you think your measurement would look for a successful intervention (graph is not included in the page limit) – be sure to label the X and Y axis.
Other important stuff:
•The format for the paper is: double-spaced, 12-point font, 1” margin, paragraph format
(VERY IMPORTANT) •The page limit is 4 pages — I will only read the first 4 pages (+ graph and references). So in total 6 pages.
•List the articles from your literature review in APA format in a Reference section at the end of the paper (the Reference section is not included in the page limit).
•If citing articles with 3+ authors, use the “et al.” format in the body of the paper rather than listing all authors (e.g., Tucker et al., 2014). The Reference section should include the complete citation.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!