Your team has been given the land rights to an abandoned parcel of land. The land has some unknown contamination; it has been stripped of natural vegetation, soil erosion has occurred, and a stream on the property is polluted. You have decided to turn this land into a sustainable agricultural food supply.
Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Sustainable Agriculture Project Proposal Template
Design solutions to develop the land. Provide a development plan to bring this land up to agricultural standards.
Write a proposal to the city that describes the step-by-step plan your team intends to implement. Record your ideas on the University of Phoenix Material: Sustainable Agriculture Project Proposal Template.
Explain the following in the proposal:
- The importance?both locally and globally?of having a sustainable food supply
- The major threats to this land?s sustainability
- The characteristics that will enable your land to provide a long-term sustainable food supply
- The steps your team will take to develop these characteristics
- Ways this land will benefit the city economically and environmentally
- The timeline of your plan