1. What is the environmental issue in “A Civil Action”? Who was impacted by this issue?
2. What is Trichloroethylene (TCE)?
a. What is it used for?
b. Why is it considered a hazardous/toxic chemical?
c. How is TCE remediated in groundwater?
3. How does it appear that TCE wound up being present in the drinking water that was consumed by the residents of Woburn, MA?
4. Jan Schlictmann hired scientists and engineers to collect evidence against Beatrice Foods and W.R. Grace Chemical. Outline the job description for each of the following as it pertains to this particular case.
b. Environmental Engineer
c. Hydro- geologist
5. As a lawyer in this case, what is your job? (For the victims, Beatrice and Grace)
6. Who are the responsible parties in the contamination of the drinking water?
7. What would you do if you were Jan Schlictmann’s law firm – take the case or not? What factors would you use to help you make your decision? Would you be willing to lose everything?
8. What is the current status of the EPA’s Wells G and H Superfund site?
9. Who do you identify with the most in this movie? Consider all the characters. Why do you feel the way you do? Would you have done anything differently in this case? Who did you see as your ally? Who did you see as your opponent?
10. What was the eventual outcome of this environmental case in Woburn, MA?
11. Where is Jan Schlictmann today, what does he do?
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!