1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VHxcb8kFA (One Day In September by Kevin Mc Donald)
2. http://putlocker.is/watch-munich-online-free-putlocker.htmlhttp://putlocker.is/watch-munich-online-free-putlocker.html (Munich, by Steven Spielberg) Scroll down to see this movie
The essay responses must include:
1. Discuss Spielberg’s usage of the documentary footage from One Day In September.
2. Discuss, when, why (etc) Answer experiences flashbacks, reflections, daydreams, and nightmares,. After all, he wasn’t in Munich! Then how does he know about these horrific events?
3. Based on One Day in September, what role did the media play? The German government? The Israeli government? The Olympian officials?
4. Discuss whether or not the Israeli government was justified in seeking revenge.
5. Spielberg places the final scene with Avner and Ephraim walking along the Brooklyn docks with the NYC skyline in the background. Listen closely to their conversation while looking at the images as the camera slowly pans to the left. What is Spielberg’s underlying message? What is Avener’s message in his questioning? This visual along with the dialogue is the overall message of Spielberg’s film.