You will upload your PowerPoint file or pdf at the assignment portal. Other file formats will not be accepted or graded.
Visit a major grocery story (Dillions, Hy-vee, etc.) and find five different foods from five different countries (all five must be from places other than the U.S.). You may stick to one section of the market (canned goods or produce, for example) or collect foods from all over the store, your choice.
The food can be imported or distributed by a U.S. company, but it MUST be the product of another country.
Take a picture of each food – each picture will have its own PowerPoint slide. On each slide, identify which country the food is from and how far it traveled to get to Manhattan, KS. Then, on a 6th slide, answer the following questions:
1) Which food traveled the furthest?
2) Are these items major products of their country of origin? (Use the economic section
of the CIA World Factbook website or other reputable sources to gather the
3) Do you see any patterns among the kinds of food you found or the places they are
4) Did the sources of any of the products surprise you? Why? How?
5) Do you think these products reflect globalization? Why or why not?
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!