INSS 775: Information Systems Project Management
Spring Semester 2016
Answer all questions and remember to cite and reference scholarly sources.
Attempt to provide complete and correct answers to the questions. While preparing the answers do not copy directly from the textbook. Use your own words in complete sentences and organize appropriately. Poorly written answers will reduce the clarity of your answer and may result in a failing grade.
You are required to work individually on the exam and your responses will be verified using Safe Assign. Refrain from copying or allowing others to copy answers, as identical answers will receive zeroes. Make sure you submit your answers through BlackBoard by 11:59pm on Saturday, March 19, 2015.
1. What is the significance of risk events to a project manager? Why do project stakeholders lose interest in project risk after the project is underway? (15 points)
2. Why is slack important to the project manager? (5 points)
3. Why is it essential for a PM to know the difference between tasks on the critical path and ‘critical’ tasks? (15 points)
4. What does it mean if the priorities of a project include: Time–constrain, Scope-accept, and Cost–enhance? (15 points)
5. What kinds of information are included in a work package? Is there a difference between a work break down structure and a schedule, explain. (10 points)
6. You have signed a contract to build a garage for the Simpsons. You will receive a $500 bonus for completing the project within 15 working days. The contract also contains a penalty clause in which you will lose $100 for each day the project takes longer than 15 working days. (40 points)
• Draw a project network given the information below.
• Complete the forward pass AND backward pass.
• Compute the activity slack
• Identify the critical path
• Identify which task(s) are merge activities and which are burst activities.
• Do you expect to receive a bonus or a penalty on this project? If so, how much?
ID- Description- Predecessor- Time (in days)
A- Pour foundation- None- 3
B- Erect frame- A- 4
C- Roof- B- 4
D- Windows- B- 1
E- Doors- B- 1
F- Electrical- B- 3
G- Rough-in frame- C,D,E,F- 2
H- Door opener- E, F- 1
I- Paint- G, H- 2
J- Cleanup- I- 1
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!