Brooks I- organisational Behaviour, Groups and Organisation 2nd edition (Prentice Hall, 2003)
Huczynski A and Buchanan D – Organisational Behaviour: An Introductory Text (Prentice Hall, 2000)
Maccoby M – Why Work: Motivating and Leading the New Generation (Simon and Shuster, New York, 1198)
(Outlines the changing nature of the workplace and categorises people into five types, giving the characteristics and sources of motivation and demotivation of each)
Mullins L – Management and Organisational Behaviour 5th Edition (Pitman Publishing, London, 1999)
Robbins. S. – Essentials of Organisational Behaviour 4th Edition (Prentice Hall International, 2003)
Produce a report to present to the principle of City College. The report must be written in a professional manner and properly referenced. The report should comlete with the word count of 2500 words +/- 10% margin. You may use tables and diagrams to support your report to illustrate your text.
Abbey College, a former well-established Independent Secondary an Six Form College, is going to be acquired by the City College. The new acquisition is taking place on 1st May 2012. Due to the recent recession, Abbey College was facing administration therefore the stakeholders decided to sell the company to City College.
Upon the acquisition, Abbey College staff will be merged with the City College staff and their contract of employment will be renewed. While the Abbey College Principal will be redundant, the Abbey management team will be reporting to the Principal of City College.
As an a consultant to the City College Principle Mr. Adam Wakefield, you are required to advice Mr. Wakefield on below points. Provide a report to the principal with your comments and recommendations.
– Relationship between an organisation’s structure and culture and the effects on business performance (L.O. 1.2)
– The factors which influence individual behaviour at work taking in to account that the change in management (L.O. 1.3)
– Identify different leadership styles and the effectiveness of these leadership approaches. What leadership style you recommended to Mr. Wakefield? (L.O. 2.1)
– Explain to Mr. Wakefield organisational theories and emphasize the practice of management (L.O. 2.2)
– Compare & evaluate the different approach to management used by different organisation. Provide recommendations (L.O. 2.3) ( give two approaches)
– Explain to Mr. Wakefield the motivational theories and how he can apply these theories in the work place. Evaluate the value of theories to a manager and provide your recommendations. (L.O.3.1, 3.2, 3.3)
– Explain the nature of groups and group behaviour to Mr. Wakefield. You may futher need to identify the intellectual natur of Abbey College staff and the importance of their behaviour in comparison to managerial staff. The factors would lead to effective team work and what would threaten success? (L.O. 4.1, 4.2)
– Evaluate the impact of technology for the organisation. (L.O.4.3)
Make a presentation on PowerPoint in professional manner
Carry out a research on organisations of your interest develop a presentation which can be used to present to a group of students who are interested in learning Unit 3 Organisational and Behaviour
– Identify the two organisational structures and cultures and compare the difference (L.O. 1.1)
1/ INTRODUCTION (USE BULLET POINTS THROUGHT OUT YOUR PRESENTATION AS TO MUCH INFORMATION DOES NOT LOOK PROFESSIONAL
YOU ALSO NEED TO BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN YOUR SLIDES TO ME – SO AGAIN THINK ABOUT THE CONTENT THAT YOU PUT ON EACH SLIDE.)
– Give an brief introduction to your presentation. What are you going to talk about & why?
(Remember that this presentation is for a group of potential new students that want to enrol on unit 3 organisational behaviour.
Therefore you may want to mention points like; How does this course prepare students for today`s business environment & employment opportunities.)
What is organisational structure? Give an overview & definition of structure.
(Make sure you have a good reference for the definition. Don`t copy and paste large chunks of text – just small definitions and then give me your thoughts on that definition.)
What is organisational culture? Give an overview and definition of organisational culture.
Choose a company & explain about their culture
(Ideally you should choose large organisations where you can obtain their information about the company on their website. For example, TESCO, ASDA, JOHN LEWIS.)
Choose a 2nrd company & explain about their culture
Company one – Organizational chart Research and find the organisational chart. Include a copy here and give some basic explanation of the chart.
(Use simple bullet points and you could even state if you think their organisational chart works. This means giving your own opinion. If you take an organisational chart from a website make sure you reference it.)
Company two – Organizational chart
What are the differences between the 2 company structures?( company one and company 2)
( Try to aim for at least 3 to 4 differences. This requires critical thinking and I want to demonstrate this in the presentation. This means independent thinking.
You need to ask yourself what key differences – How does it effect company performance. What company as the most appropriate structure are a few examples of questions you could ask yourself.)What are the differences between the 2 company cultures? ( company one and company two)
(Again same process – think critically – ask yourself what organisation would you work for in terms of culture ?)
Conclude your presentation and maybe give some of your own thoughts about organisational culture and structure – How managers may need to manage both for example ?
State what you think organisational behaviour will give to these students.
Will it give them a better understanding of organisational structure & culture.
Will it prepare them as more efficient managers in business ?
MAKE SURE THAT YOU CONCLUSE YOUR PRESENTATION PREFESSIONALLY.
DO NOT JUST SIT DOWN – ASK ME OR THE AUDIENCE FOR QUESTIONS – THIS IS THE BEST MAY TO CONCLUDE WITH QUESTIONS WHEN GIVING A BUSINESS PRESENTATION.
Include all your references here. Make sure it is Harvard.
Tip: Use Neil’s tool box to build the list.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!