This is an individual assignment.
Your task is to choose an existing company you would like to work for, to analyze its organizational
culture, to evaluate the expected behavior and to describe why the company attracts you. This involves
1. developing a description of the company;
2. analyzing and evaluating the organizational culture of the company, the expected behavior and the
management style referring to the concepts covered in the workshop;
3. writing a cover letter for the Human Resource Manager of the company.
The current assignment is connected with the following learning outcomes:
• organizational culture of the workplace
• behavior in the workplace
• management styles
• tools and techniques relevant to job application
To do so, student will produce a 1000 word report on the following items. This individual assignment
will equal 100% of the final grade. The project will have an introduction, body and conclusion which
will account for the word count. Bibliography will be required but will not be a part of the word count.
Referencing should abide by the Harvard rules and it is also mandatory.
We suggest the project follow the following structure (not mandatory)
1. Cover page
Your name, course name, title of your report
2. Introduction and background
Briefly describe the theoretical background and introduce the reader into the topic.
3. Description of the company (400 – 500 words)
It should include the following:
• Fundamental facts about the company: industry, company size, location, country(ies) of
operation, vision, mission, organization chart etc.
• Company culture (referring to the observable aspects of the organizational culture and focusing
on ethics values covered during the workshop). Evaluate the expected behavior in the light of
the organizational culture.
• Prevalent management style (using the concepts covered during the workshop).
4. A short cover letter (300 – 400 words)
Motivation letter for the management of the company. Reasons why they should hire you (why
you are a good fit). This letter must be properly formatted as a letter.
Briefly sum up all the above arguments.
6. References (using Harvard method)
All theories, methodologies, data, information etc. that are not your own primary research must
be referenced using the Harvard referencing style.
Deadline: March 23rd 2016
Projects must in hard copy to the academic office and be loaded on Turnitin by midnight on March 23rd
2016 Only when this has been done will the project be considered submitted. Late submission will carry
a penalty of 5% per day to be calculated on the final grade (for example after one day grade x 95%, two
days grade x 90% etc.).
Turnitin Codes: please see local ESE student portal for submission details.
See submission details on the ESE Student Portal.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!