Professional &Technical Communication
there is a picture that it should be explained about that specific image. I will upload the picture and there is an explanation below that you can consider. everything should be related to the picture that i send. using some theories for that is really necessary.
When evaluating persuasiveness, usefulness and reader-centredness for your first assignment consider the following:
Is it persuasive?
What tactics are used to achieve this?
• Ethos: identify the position taken by the writer and how convincing it is.
• Pathos: look for emotive words, phrases and ideas (relating to basic emotions and to those that are constructed i.e. those that society imposes on people such as pride, shame and guilt).
• Logos: identify any lapses in logic, incorrect or questionable statements.
Is it useful?
Can information be easily accessed, understood and used? If so, how? If not, why not?
Is it reader-centred?
• Who is it aimed at?
• Does the audience include me?
• Does it say what I want it to say?
• Does it say it in a way that considers my feelings?
• Does it lose my attention/positive feeling at any point? Why and how?
What action does the writer hope to produce?
How would you have written and designed the document differently?
The paper needs to include both in-text and a Harvard Reference list. Your primary source will be the relevant chapter(s) from the text book. Below is a possible way to format the group paper:
This text/website/brochure was identified as problematic because…
According to Anderson (2010 pg 47) reader-centredness is useful as it allows the reader to….
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!