Essay Instructions (2500 WORDS)
Topic:Television has become one of the major revenue sources for sports. Discuss both the positive and negative impact that TV has had, including but not limited to, club revenues, profits, wages, scheduling of programmes and competitive balance.
1. Critically evaluate, analyse and explain relevant economic or financial principles as required by the title. (30%)
Outstanding level of critical evaluation accuracy, supported by reading of concepts, theories, well beyond module key readings
2. Critically analyse, evaluate and explain the application of economic/financial principles to sport using appropriate academic theory/literature (30%)
Outstanding critical evaluation and application of economic/financia l principles to sport. Outstanding use of academic theory/literature
3. Coherently, organise and structure an argument, making appropriate use of paragraphs and conclusions at the appropriate level. (20%)
Outstanding level of work coherently organised and argued with clear paragraphs, introduction and conclusion
4. Presentation of work acknowledged appropriately with the correct grammar and punctuation. (20%)
Outstanding level of presentation, properly referenced, quotes and paraphrasing properly acknowledged
Instructions and economic theories to be included
• Demand for sports
Direct and Derived demand
• peculiar of sports economics(in sports business, clubs cooperate and compete with each other unlike oher business areas)neale 1964
• inverted joint product(teams produce the game which can be sold separately in parts such as broadcasting rigths, shirts, internet, radio)neale 1964
• Technology development: impact of technology in sports business(pre-post games, hd cameras, channels exclusively for sports and for certain target ac milan or formula 1 tv)
• Discuss the Income for clubs: Despite tickets and sponsorships now is the broadcasting
• Broadcasting :
Influence of broadcasting on matches attendance
Broadcastingenhance clubs profits by providing global coverage, as a result they gain more sponsorships and more fans.
Include arguments: For example some people are saying that broadcasting have negative impact on attendance in relation with others that are saying the opposite.
Black out (USA + UK) to bring more people to matches and increase their sales
• Competitive balance(connect with broadcasting revenues distribution, allocation of talent which relates to cause theorem)
• players wages and how they increase because of broadcasting
• impact of live games on match attendance
** REFERENCES FROM 30 DIFFERENT ACADEMIC JOURNALS AND ARTICLES. PLEASE INCLUDE NEW SOURCES AFTER 2000.
** APPENDICES WITH REAL STATISTICS OF SPORTS LEAGEUS AND PROFFESSIONAL TEAMS.
** MAKE SOME COMPARISONS BETWEEN UK&USA LEAGUES.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!